Vegetarian/vegan nutrition advice is availabe now
I'm expanding my practice and offer vegetarian/vegan nutrition advice. I can give you ideas on how to build vegetables into your diet, how to switch from meat eating to living on a plant based diet.
I provide meal plans for every day life, for pregnancy, body building and weight loss.
Why go vegetarian/vegan
You can't get any healthier than living on a vegetarian, even better vegan diet. Vegetarians have better stamina when it comes to physical activities and less likely to suffer from killer diseases and so live longer than meat eaters.
Meat consumption is not essential for survival or leading a happy and healthy life. Plant - based diet is packed with essential vitamins and nutrients we need to keep healthy and it is very gentle on our digestive system. According to a study published in the "British Journal of Nutrition" in 1981 vegetarians digest and distribute the goods of their food in the body 24 hours faster than meat eaters. This is due to the fact that vegetables are high in fibre and low in fat compared to meat, dairy or egg products.
Illnesses that affect vegetarians less
1. Allergies-eczema - plant food cause less allergies because the body reacts better to vegetables than meat. Dairy is often a trigger factor in developing eczema.
2. All cancers - Vegetarians are 50% less at risk of developing or dying from cancer because a veggie diet is rich in antioxidant vitamins E, C and A (betacarotene) and selenium. They destroy free radicals that damage cells and cause cancer.
3. Breast cancer/Prostate cancer- There is a strong link between saturated animal fat , cow's milk and breast cancer/prostate cancer. A substance in cow's milk that is to encourage the growth of little calves into fully grown cattle is also thought to encourage the growth of breast cancer and prostate cancer.
4. Ovarian cancer - Vegan diet does not contain the sugars in cow's milk that is linked to ovarian cancer.
5. High blood pressure/high cholesterol- Veggies are less at risk of high blood pressure or cholesterol because of their lower saturated fat ad salt intake and because they are slimmer. Vegetarians are also 50% less likely to suffer from heart disease.
6. Obesity -Although vegetarians may eat the same amount of food as meat eaters they are usually slimmer - anything form 6 pounds to 2 stones or more. Most overweight people shed pounds when they switch to a plant - based diet. Veggies are less obese.
7. Type 2 Diabetes -There is a strong link between obesity and diabetes. It is on the increase even in young people in the UK mostly due to poor diet, obesity and a lack of physical exercise. A study of children from 40 different countries shows that the more meat and dairy the children eat, the higher their risk is to develop diabetes.
Homeopathy combined with nutrition
The effectiveness of homeopathic remedies can be greatly increased by switching to a plant/based diet.
You can combine your homeopathic treatment with nutrition advice or use either of them to improve your general health or the condition you would like me to help you improve.
When you contact me for appointment, please let me know which treatment you wish to book for.
Fees and charges are the same as for homeopathic treatment.
For useful information on vegan diet visit viva.org.uk or www.vegansociety.com